The Big Cheesy is back.
Openhouse is hosting their annual Big Cheesy, a grilled cheese competition featuring New York’s finest sandwich chefs, on Saturday, March 23rd and Sunday, March 24th. Eat, vote, and enjoy.
And if you’re lucky, you can win a pair of tickets ($50 value) to the big cheesy, sponsored by yours truly, BrunchCritic. To win: Be part of our community on Facebook with a “Like,” and simply email email@example.com with your answer to: “Why do you like brunch?” See below for this year’s contenders…
This year’s lineup includes:
- Returning Champ Melt Shop (midtown)
- 2011 Winner Milk Truck (roving)
- Last year’s Bronze Winner Lucy’s Whey (Chelsea Market)
- Murray’s Cheese Bar (Bleecker St)
- Say Cheese (UWS), a catering company gone rogue
- Sons of Essex (LES) the irreverent throwback
- ’wichcraft by Tom Colicchio
Plus, Sixpoint beer (Red Hook) tallboys all around.
Like last year, tickets are $25, guests enjoy the competition in one-hour time slots, and each guest gets one vote. The Big Cheesy runs from 12-7pm both days and it’ll be delicious!
201 Mulberry St (between Spring & Kenmare)
New York, NY 10012
Click here for tickets, or here for information on last year’s event.